Friday, September 30, 2005

 

A update of Sorts

I do not want this to become an "invalid" blog -- So I thought I'd update you all on some things.
Zach is student teaching, tutoring and doing fill-ins at the library, and Zeke is...well, he's been busy doing various things that I'd like to think of as helping others and helping himself.
As you can also expect, we haven't lost our knack for scouring thrifts, fleas, and auctions to unearth recordings that you will probably eventually hear (some of) on the radio show. We haven't had a radio show since August, and I'd love to get back on the air--but for now--it will wait.
I will post up a story with photos on some more of our interesting finds as of late--so if you are into prehistoric recordings...you will hopefully be amused.

Also, we had a great time hosting a show at the Hughes Library in Stroudsburg for three great area bands. I do not want to cut anyone short, but I have to say---Dragon Turtle Ensemble was incredible. The Ensemble was composed of 11 people and the audience (much larger than I ever imagined for it being all local-ish --which made me ecstatic)loved it. I am also digging the fact that we are getting a decent amount of people of all ages attending these shows of recent. High school age kids (though there might have been a couple) are largely missing for whatever reason--but it's great seeing senior citizens chilling with 20 somethings and middle aged people with young children.
Well-- I should mention that the Pirate's Cove in Allentown will be saying goodbye on OCT. 29th. I think a reunited Ultimate Warriors (members now in Pissed Jeans, Pearls and Brass,etc) is supposed to play. That will be a lot of fun. The Cove was a great place for house shows. A non-intimidating atmosphere, no extremely obnoxious people probably mostly due to thier no drinking/drugs policy--a all around safe place to do shows. The kids that live there have been really smart about what they do and how they have done things.
I plan on being there--and if you are in the eastern pa. area--so should you.
Also--We hooked our friend up with setting up a show at Double Decker Records for October 27th-- I think the show should get underway by 6:30pm.
The bands playing will be: Calvin Johnson (Olympia, Wa.;K Records Owner), Old Time Relijun (Oly, wa./portland,or?)awesome band, K records) and Tender Forever.
Should be fun...
and that's all for now.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?