Friday, July 29, 2005

 

Playlist for 7/22/05

WMUH 91.7 FM
Allentown, Pa
12-2pm
(n)= new
(r)= request
* = Texas band/performer (for this show only)

Negativland -- downloading-- no business -- seeland
Bobby Soxx * -- learn to hate in the 80s -- v/a: Bloodstains Across Texas
The Fanatics * -- I Will Not Be Lonely -- v/a: Acid Visions Vol. 2 Best of 60s Texas Punk and Psychedelia
(n)Pissed Jeans -- boring girls -- shallow (Allentown's own!)
-----
Jean Paul Sartre Experience -- loving grapevine -- love songs -- flying nun (gosh darn, I love New Zealand bands.)
Johnny Ace * -- I'm crazy -- Memorial Album -- Duke
I Marc 4 -- mato grosso -- i solisti di armando trovajali lp (60s-70s Italian library band. This cut was funky and spacey)
U-DWI Peoples Paraphernilia -- terrible train -- 45
Jorge Ben -- take it easy my brother charlie -- s/t lp (1969 og press. Found tons of brasilian lps this past week at a thrift-- on half-off day to boot! This was one of them)
Green on Red -- Lost World -- s/t 12" - down there
(n) Kinski -- the wives of artie shaw -- alpine static -- sub pop
Scratch Acid * - greatest gift -- 12" ep Rabid
----
Charizma -- here's a smirck -- big shots
Outter Limmitt -- in the groove -- 12"
(n) The Juan Maclean -- tito's way -- less than human -- dfa
The Slits -- frequent mutilation -- cut
----
Citizen FIsh -- feeding -- thirst -- lookout!
(n) Coyote -- sugar -- split 12" ep w/ bottom of the hill
Daddie and the Hodads -- surfing is my life -- my son, the surf nut lp (should be called, "my dad, the surf nut. found this one in texas -- near corpus christi, where my dad was a surf nut -- probably and most definitely during the time he was a surfing nut. it's too bad all of my brothers -- including myself-- screwed up his several surf boards. when that happened, that drove him nuts... that's my dad -- the surf nut!)
(R) Silkworm -- scruffy tumor -- even a blind chicken finds a kernel
Silkworm -- penalty box -- it'll be cool (RIP Michael Dahlquist)
---
No Trend -- teen love -- 12" ep

Notes --
Silkworm's impressive drummer, Michael Dahlquist -- had been kiled by a deranged, suicidal woman who ran her car into him. He, along with two other Chicago musicians while on lunch break from thier place of employment. A shame. WPRB's Jon Solomon, did a really fitting tribute to him and Silkworm this past week. They put out some material on Jon's label -- My Pal God - and I'm sure, as he had been living in Chicago for quite some time, it hit home. I offer my condolences to many in the loss of this man.
Silkworm were a band that brings back a lot of good memories for me. And I'm sure many attest to that. The two songs were dedicated in memory of Michael Dahlquist. My only wish is that I could have played my favorite Silkworm tune, "Couldn't you Wait?"
That will have to wait for a future program.

-- we started playing some of our "classic faves" on this show. As my brother and I will be less frequent to WMUH in the upcoming months, we thought it would be good to play some of our favorite /quasi-regular rotation songs. We never like to overkill/overplay songs on our radio show -- thinking that our listeners prefer to share in the aural experience of an unexpected listen. But some songs deserve the extra attention. This week included No Trend, Green on Red and Charizma.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?